Thursday, January 31, 2013

Answering a Thrift Shop Challenge

I love a trip to a thrift store.  Cheap entertainment, really.
I don't generally take too much home, but the thought that one of these days I might
just uncover a first edition of To Kill a Mockingbird or the perfect F to add to our collection keeps things interesting.

So, when one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love, posted a thrift store challenge, I knew we needed to have a little family outing.

After listening to "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis a couple times, we were ready to get our thrift shop on.  A snowy forecast kept us in town (and sadly away from some of my favorite thrifting gems), but we certainly enjoyed our little outing...and spent a solid 50 cents.

So, check it out.

The $20 bill, which was returned to me directly after this photo. 


The girl got her "fringe game" on first.
Then she rocked a "big a$$ coat," which she really wanted to take home with us.
Then after much searching and momentarily considering a cool old medicine cabinet (which we have no place for currently), we found the treasure she really needed to take home.
Yup, a Walkman.  Who knew any child in 2013 still needed one of those?  I guess she can store it next to her iPod.  But, in the girl's defense, she was recently gifted all of the Harry Potter books on cassette.

So, there we have it.  50 cents well spent.






No comments:

Post a Comment